Pepperstone Review – 2023
Launched in 2010, Pepperstone is a leading and award-winning FX & CFD broker, based in Australia and the UK. With daily FX trading volumes over $7 billion, it is one of the world’s largest FX brokers.
Pepperstone has always had a simple mission; to provide traders with fast & reliable technology, access to low-cost pricing, offer the security of an ASIC & FCA- regulated entity and to provide industry-leading customer support. They have consistently been recognised for low-latency, high-speed execution and excellent customer service, all resulting in industry awards. Please read our Pepperstone review to find out more!
Pepperstone Fast-Growing CFD Broker
Why Trade With Pepperstone?
- Spreads from 0.0 Pips! – Spreads from 0.0 pips!Traders can access some of the lowest FX spread costs in the industry. Spreads start at 0 pips on their ‘Razor Account’.
- 24/5 customer support – Pepperstone offers award-winning support which includes 24/5 phone, live chat and email support from a friendly team based in Melbourne. Pepperstone have been awarded numerous awards over the years including ‘Number 1 in Customer Service’ and ‘Overall Client Satisfaction’.
- Leading ECN broker – Their Razor account gives you direct access to deep Interbank currency pools which is what large financial institutions use. This means you are trading direct to the market and there is no dealer intervention.
- World-class technology – Pepperstone offer several, top-notch trading platforms, including MT4, MT5 and cTrader. All in all there are 11 variations of the three platforms mentioned above so plenty to choose from!
Are Pepperstone Safe and Trusted?
Pepperstone is considered a low-risk, reputable FX & CFD broker.
Pepperstone is not (yet) listed on a stock exchange, although the days of it being a privately run operation are, allegedly, soon coming to an end. Becoming a publicly listed company will make Pepperstone an even more powerful and successful broker.
Pepperstone is regulated in Australia by ASIC and in the UK by the FCA – two “tier 1” (high trust) regulators. They are also regulated by the Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA), a “tier 2” regulator.
Which Financial Markets Can I Trade With?
- Forex: all major pairs; AUD/USD, EUR/USD, USD/JPY, GBP/USD, NZD/USD, plus more
- Indices: AUS200, Japan 225, US Wall St, UK100, German 30, Hong Kong 50, US SPX 500, plus more
- Commodities: Gold, Silver, Platinum, Oil, Gas, Cotton, Coffee, Sugar, plus more
- Crypto: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dash, Litecoin
Pepperstone Review: Other Important Features
- Regulated by ASIC – Pepperstone Group Ltd is registered in Australia (ACN 147 055 703) and is authorised and regulated by ASIC (AFSL No. 414530).
- Segregated funds – Pepperstone deposits all client funds into segregated client accounts with the National Australia Bank (NAB). These funds are not used for hedging purposes.
- Education – Pepperstone has a wide range of educational content on their website; trading guides, beginner guides, weekly market reviews, FAQs, economic calendar and a trading glossary.
- MAM & PAMM accounts – Money Managers can manage multiple accounts – MAM (Multi Account Manager) and/or PAMM (Percent Allocation Management Module) – through a single MT4 interface.
- Multiple funding methods – There are numerous ways to fund your account with Pepperstone (we counted 13 different methods!), making it simple to fund your account. Visa, Mastercard, credit/ debit card, PayPal, POLi, China Union Pay, BPay… The list goes on!
Overall, Pepperstone offer very fair value for money, with trading costs genuinely low compared to many other brokers.
FX: spreads on their MT4 and MT5 platforms are variable. During liquid times, FX spreads can go as low as 0 pips on the EUR/USD (on their Razor account). View Pepperstone’s FX spreads here
Index CFDs: trade the AUS200 from 1.07pts, the DAX from 1pt, UK100 from 1pt, Wall St 30 from 1.6pts – see more here
Commodities: trade Brent crude oil from 1pt, Gold from 3pts and Sugar from 4pts. WTI oil from 1pt and Silver from 6pts. No added commission
Stocks (US stocks only): trade 60+ US shares with leverage of 20:1 and commission starting from just 0.05%.
Why Trade CFDs With City Index?
Trade the world’s financial markets at anytime, anywhere with Pepperstone. Their platforms are available across Windows and Mac for desktop, iPhone & Android apps for mobile users and their web app, WebTrader.
Trade on the popular cTrader platform with Pepperstone and get access to an institutional trading environment, tight spreads and fast execution. cTrader is an easy platform to navigate, with enhanced trading features and the ability to customise the platform interface.
- Suitable for both new and pro traders
- Access FIX API
- Depth of market functionality
- Gain control over slippage and order fills
- Copy trading functionality
MT4 (MetaTrader 4)
What more do you need to say….. MT4… The world’s most popular trading platform. Everyone has it though right? The difference is you’ll get access to Pepperstone’s tight spreads and faster execution.
- Run automated trading systems (EAs)
- Alert notifications via emails, SMS etc.
- Customisable charting and indicators to suit your trading style
- Wide range of technical indicators available
- Autochartist analysis software available
MT5 (MetaTrader 5)
MetaTrader’s most recent release of its powerful platform, with added features, greater functionality and Pepperstone’s excellent pricing. Despite this upgraded version, many still prefer to use MT4 due to its simplicity and range of add-on’s.
- Similar features to MT4, just with more indicators and chart types etc.
- Customisable charting package and indicators
- Access full Depth of Market
- Economic calendar built-in
- Access to historical data
Opening an account with Pepperstone is quick and simple. You can be trading within minutes! Pepperstone accepts clients from all around the world except the US, Canada and a few other jurisdictions.
There are 3 account types to choose from: Standard, Razor and Swap-Free. More on each here;
Pepperstone Review: Conclusion
Pepperstone is one of our favourite brokers and we’d recommend them to most traders. They are consistently one of the world’s most popular brokers and that has not been achieved by luck. Instead, they have built a solid brokerage based on providing excellent technology, fast execution, competitive spreads and excellent customer support.
Furthermore, they are heavily regulated (by ASIC & FCA) and so clients can feel safe and secure, knowing they are trading with a broker who is strictly regulated. Finally, their wide-range of trading platforms, account types and educational tools make them a suitable choice for both beginner’s and experienced traders.