Trade Nation Review – 2023
Trade Nation was not always Trade Nation – from 2014 to 2019, this broker was known as Core Spreads. Core Spreads was an award-winning, CFD broker that grew from a small office in London, to a global office network. Today, Trade Nation has offices in London, Sydney, Johannesburg and the Bahamas.
The main selling point of this broker is its low-cost trading model, with tight, fixed spreads 24/5. We did some research and could not find any other broker that offered consistently lower spreads than Trade Nation. They offer two trading platforms; its proprietary platform, ‘CloudTrade’ and the popular MT4 platform. The company is regulated in four jurisdictions, including the FCA and ASIC.
It is very clear that Trade Nation are looking to shake up the online trading industry. One of the best quotes we could see on their website was: “Trade Nation was born from a simple belief that customers deserve better“. How refreshing! We can confirm that their ‘client-first‘ approach is genuine and they truly believe that their “fresh approach to trading” is one which will capture attention and market share. We really enjoyed learning more about this broker and what they stand for.
The Main Benefits of Trading With Trade Nation
- Low Cost Trading: Trade Nation offers excellent value for money when trading and they are regularly considered one of, if not the cheapest spread brokers out there. The spreads on their most popular markets are as follows: Wall St 30 Index: 1pt, UK100: 0.4pts, US500: 0.14pts, Dax: 0.9pts, EUR/USD: 0.6 pips, GBP/USD: 0.8 pips. The list goes on!
- Monthly Cash Rebates: Trade and earn monthly cash rebates, direct to your TN trading account. Rebates range from 1% to 20% on all trading activity, with a maximum pay-out of USD $2,500 and a minimum pay-out of USD $25.
- Fixed Spreads 24/5: When you trade with a fixed spread broker, you will know exactly how much you are being charged to trade every time. That is because the spread/s remain constant – i.e. they do not change.
- Widely Regulated Broker: Trade Nation are regulated in four jurisdictions; the FCA in the UK, ASIC in Australia, FSCA in South Africa and SCB in the Bahamas.
- Two Trading Platforms: When you open an account with Trade Nation, you will be able to access two different platforms. They offer the world-renowned MT4 platform and also their in-house built CloudTrade system. Both are reliable, fast and low cost.
Which Trading Instruments Does Trade Nation Offer?
Trade Nation covers all major asset classes (except crypto). You can trade on the following markets;
Indices: Hong Kong 50, DAX 30, Aussie 200, Japan 225, Wall St, UK100, S&P 500, plus a few others.
Forex: trade all the majors & minors, and a few exotics. AUD/USD, EUR/USD, USD/JPY, GBP/USD, + more
Shares: trade over 500 stocks from Australia, the UK, the US and Europe.
Commodities: Brent Crude, Aluminium, Copper, US Light Crude oil, Gold, Silver, plus more.
Bonds: trade the BOBL, BUND and UK LONG GILT.
Trade Nation Spreads
Trade Nation offers some of the lowest spreads going around. Not only are the spreads low, they are also fixed which means you know the cost of trading at all times. Find out more about fixed spreads vs. variable spreads here.
Here are some of the 24/5 fixed spreads that TN offers:
- AUD/USD: 0.6 pips
- EUR/USD: 0.6 pips
- EUR/JPY: 1 pip
- USD/JPY: 0.7 pips
- Wall St 30: 1 point
- UK100: 0.4 points
- Germany 30: 0.9 points
- Gold: 3 points
- Silver: 2 points
- Brent Crude: 3pts
Is Trade Nation Regulated?
Trade Nation is a trading name of Finsa Europe Ltd, a financial service firm with its headquarters in London, UK. Finsa Europe Ltd is authorised and regulated by the following regulators:
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), in the UK, under reference number 525164.
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) in Australia under AFSL No. 422661.
- Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA) in South Africa under FSP No. 49846.
- Securities Commission of the Bahamas (SCB).
Trade Nation is reliably-regulated, with excellent credentials. We consider them to be safe and secure choice of broker. They get our vote of confidence here at CompareCFDs!
Which Trading Platforms Does Trade Nation Offer?
1. CloudTrade – Trade Nation’s own web-based platform
The CloudTrade trading platform is TN’s proprietary platform that has been developed by Finsa Europe Ltd.
CloudTrade is probably one of the most simple and straightforward platforms we have come across. We would say that it is not quite as ‘state of the art‘ as some other proprietary platforms, but it isn’t far off. We really enjoy the simplicity of it all – easy to login, very easy to navigate around and find the instrument you are looking for, and placing a trade or order is simple too. Overall, a great option for beginnings and even experienced traders, looking for a low cost trading deal.
Within the platform, TN customers can access free charts that are powered by ChartIQ. There is over 15 different chart styles to choose from and also 80+ technical indicators on the charts.
As this is an internet-based platform, it requires no download to your PC or device. The mobile app is perfect for iPhone and Android users; simply search for “Trade Nation” in the App Store or Google Play today.
2. MT4 Platform
This platform is the most popular trading platform in the world so its no surprise that TN offer this, alongside their CoreTrader2 platform.
TN offer customers variable spreads on their MT4 platform, with $0 commission on FX pairs, representing excellent value once again. Customers can trade FX, commodities and indices on this platform with Trade Nation.
How Much Leverage Can I Get With Trade Nation?
With Trade Nation, you can get access of leverage up to 200:1, (margin from just 0.50%).
Trade Nation Customer Support
These guys offer the very best customer support – it really is second to none!
Their support team is there for you from the market open on Sunday evening (UK time) to market close on Friday evening (UK). This is a true 24/5 support operation and we even put this to the test at 3am Australian time and we got a response straight away from someone in the UK!
It is clear that TN are striving to make their customer support a real point of difference in this crowded industry and it is clear that it is working! All staff were friendly, knowledgeable, well-trained and ready to assist immediately.
How can you get in touch?
- Email: [email protected]
- Live Chat (via their website)
- Social Media Channels
Trade Nation FAQ
When was Trade Nation created?
2020, although the company was previously known as Core Spreads, which launched in 2014.
Is Trade Nation Regulated?
Yes. The company is regulated in four jurisdictions, including the FCA (UK) and ASIC (Australia).
Which platforms does Trade Nation support?
MT4 and Trade Nation “CloudTrade” platform.
Are their platforms mobile-friendly?
Yes, 100%! They are available on Android and IOS.
What leverage does TN offer?
They offer maximum leverage of 1:200, although this may differ depending on your jurisdiction (UK and Australian residents can only access 30:1 leverage).
What is the lowest spread I can expect with Trade Nation?
The lowest spread is typically on the US500 at just 0.14 points. Most other spreads are the lowest in the industry.
Does TN offer commission-free trading?
Yes. No commissions are charged upon trade execution, even on MT4!
What is the minimum deposit to open an account?
The minimum deposit is just USD $1.
What account currencies does TN offer?
ZAR, USD, GBP, SEK, EUR, AUD, NOK, DKK.
How can I fund my TN account?
Credit or Debit Card, Bank Wire Transfer, Neteller, Skrill.